It’s about to be the New Year! There’s new everything!
THIS is the natural time to implement any changes you need for your child’s homework routine. A few weeks ago I suggested you look carefully at “what’s working,” “what’s not working” in the homework arena. And then decide what change should be made.
So now it’s time to implement the new changes. Have a “heart-to-heart” with your student, explain the changes and why it is that you feel they need to be made.
- If you need to talk to teachers…this is the time.
- If you need to change where your child does homework…this is the time.
- If you need to adjust when homework is done…this is the time.
- If you need to re-instate restrictions over cell phones, computer, or TV during homework time…this is the time.
- If you need to re-stock your homework supplies…this is the time.
Whatever changes need to be made, it will be easier to implement them now than in the middle of the semester.
Remember to explain why you are changing things. This isn’t about punishment. This is about putting your student in an environment that will give him the best chance at success.
Get the New Year started with success!