- Play music and stop it unexpectedly. Have the child dance to the music and freeze when the music stops.
- What do you think of when you hear these words: splash, boom, honk.
- Echo game: Take turns echoing each other’s sentences.
- Hide several objects. Ring a bell loudly when child gets close and softly when far away.
- Play your April Fool’s jokes on your friends! Were your friends fooled? How did they react?
- Name three vehicles that travel: on land, in water, in the air.
- What does this mean: “April showers bring May flowers.”
Vocabulary: rain coat, rain boots, umbrella, blue, yellow, rain, sun, wet, dry, puddle, ladybug, slug, weatherman, stormy
Book: Gossie by Olivier Dunrea; Mud Puddle by Robert Munsch