Our occupational therapy department develops motor, sensory, and self-help skills to encourage independence.
What do Occupational Therapists treat?
- Fine-motor skills (pencil grasp, hand writing, manipulation of objects)
- Gross-motor skills (balance, jumping, skipping, bilateral coordination)
- Behavior- due to sensory issues
- Deficits in daily living (toileting, dressing, personal hygiene, etc.), sleep, learning, play, and social skills
The Occupational Therapists at Chatterbox hold Master’s degrees from nationally accredited universities where they completed the necessary coursework and clinical practicums. Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants (COTAs) have earned an Associate’s degree and completed the necessary coursework and practicums. Our therapists are licensed by the State of Idaho, and the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA).
Chatterbox Pediatric Therapy Center has occupational therapists and certified occupational therapy assistants who specialize in the following areas:
- Sensory Processing
- Behavior Modification
- Handwriting Without Tears